Sunday, August 22, 2010

Why am I having such a hard time letting go what my husband did to me three days ago? Advice on forgiving?

Our dog was started throwing up worms in the kitchen on Tuesday and it really freaked me out. I had my husband help me take him to the vet. I talked to the doctors, filled out the papers and paid for everything out of my personal savings account.





At home, when it was time to clean the vomit, I asked hubby if we could do it together because I was really afraid of the worms. He said no. I explained I would do my fair share, it just freaked me out to do it alone. Hubby told me to just go to my room or something.





I tried one more time to help, but he said I was annoying him, so I left him alone to clean. Then I ordered pizza. He didn't talk to me the whole night.





The next day, he stopped home for lunch. I was on my way out somewhere and told him I left instuctions on what to do for the dog. They were really simple. All the dog needed was a walk, more water and hubby had to wash hands afterward to prevent infection.





He got angry and was like, ';I'm only home an hour! I don't have time!';





That evening, I told him the dog needed his last dose of meds and to go for a walk. He wanted me to go too. He walked about two blocks holding the leash, then gave it to me which I found annoying since I walk the dog by myself twice a day.





I feel that i should be able to be mature and let this go, but I can't. I've been avoiding my husband and last night I did something petty -- I slept on his favorite side of the bed.





I can't talk to him about what happened because he'll just turn the blame on me or act like, ';Uh huh, right, okay. sure whatever, i'm sorry';Why am I having such a hard time letting go what my husband did to me three days ago? Advice on forgiving?
2 pointsWhy am I having such a hard time letting go what my husband did to me three days ago? Advice on forgiving?
ehmmm are you a scorpio? they don't let go easily, but ok just your husband is having hard time right now i think.


i understan d his frustration.
Sounds like you guys need some marriage counseling. You both have a lot of growing up to do.
ask him why hes so damn grumpy, or keep ignoring him, he'll come to you eventually
You should really get a cat instead...
looks like he's about to pull out the divorce papers


uh oh
you need to give him a scare, bc he's being abusive. i mean hes not hitting your or anything but he's kind of like mentally abusive. i think its good that you slept on his favorite side, it kind of showed him that you can be a ***** too. but seriously the way he's acting is unacceptable, i think when its a good time (preferably when he doesn't have work so he's not rushed or stressed) and see whats going on in his life. maybe somethings happening at work that you don't know about and that's whats making him stressed out and acting up at home. also let him know that the way he's acting is really hurting you and your relationship.
WHO DOG IS IT ?YOURS IF SO DEAL WITH YOURSELF IF ITS BOTH OF YOUR AND IT CAUSE THIS KIND OF CONFLEXED GET RIDE OF IT AND TO TELL U THE TRUTH HES ONLY A MAN IF HE ONLY HAD AN HR FOR LUNCH THEN WHY WERENT U THERE WIT HLUNCH READY AND A BACK RUB! IVE BEEN MARRIE D TO A GREAT MAN FOR 30 YRS AND THE FIRST THING I WOULD TELL YOU IS TO PUT YOUR HUSBAND 1ST BEFOR THE DOG ! MAYBE HE WANTED U TO GO TO THE ROOM CUSE HE DIDNTWANT U SEEING HIM FREAK OUT OVER CLEANING IT DONT B SO HARD ON HIM THIS TOO SHALL PAS S AND WHY DO U HAVE A PERSIONAL SAVINGS ARENT YOU MARRIED DONT U SHARE EVERTHING THINGS LIKE THAT CAUSES PROMBLEMS IN MARRIAGES WHEN U GET MARRIED THE TWO ARE TO BECOME ONE IN EVERTHING
Is it possible that your husband could be stressed? Maybe something else is going on to make him act this way? I would definately change my approach with him and simply ask instead of sounding so demanding. I am not saying that gives him any right to act that way. Sending you to your room? That is really not acceptable. But I would get to the bottom of it and see if there is anything else going on and try a different approach next time you need him to do something like that.
Ok. Well i am gonna say something like the other answers. It does sound like stress. I know how it is. Ya know women have their times when they are like ';Get out of my face'; so there is nothing wrong with a guy doing this once and a while. But stress is no reason for him to be acting like this. My mom had a husband who was like this and it turned out that he was cheating on her because he felt that something is missing. I'm only 14 so i can't really say i have been there but i do know that even when we are stressed to the max we still have some way to cope with this.





Try confronting him about it and show him that you are the bigger person.If this doesnt work maybe you should leave home for a day or two just so he can realize what he has and so that he realizes he doesnt want to lose you.
It sounds to me like your husband may be stressed out and you need a little more attention and help around with the usual schedule. You need to give your husband a nice cuddle session to let him know that there is no problem and he also needs his space. Do something extra nice for him, something that he is not expecting. As for your husband, once he notices that you are there for him, he should come back to his senses and realize what a simple minded jerk he had been acting.
I think that whole ';silent'; treatment game he is playing is childish in itself. Doing that is a form of manipulation and control. I think that issue right there needs to be addressed... for the health of your whole relationship.





He got like this over a dog issue... what is he going to do when the two of you really butt heads, or there is something major happening in this relationship? I think it would just get worse, and each time he does it, you lose a piece of yourself. And you know what happens... he won't talk to you, or when he does, he is short and has an attitude... and then you turn that right over and blame yourself for something that has nothing to do with you. It is all him. Don't give him that control.





No one ever solves problems with silence. You two need to communicate. Talk it out and come to some kind of compromise and resolution.





Thanks for reading!
I'm with you on not wanting to clean up vomit, however as far as the other stuff is concerned you are way overreacting. When you are home, and getting ready to leave you should have took your dog for a walk to go potty first, and put down water. Your dog should never ever not have water unless directed so by a vet. Your husband is right, he is home for 1 hour, apparently you were home all day. Why should he have to run around on his lunch break doing something any responsible pet owner would have done before going out and running errands? Same thing as in the evening... you should have just walked him yourself. He invited you to go to, who care who holds the leash!? The dog is still walking as is your husband. Big deal you walk the dog twice a day by yourself... you weren't by yourself you were with your husband. I would not blame him to be angry with you, you seem to be acting like a spoiled child, and are only antagonizing him more by sleeping on his side of the bed.








EDIT: To those that say 2 points! It costs 5 to ask a question, so the only one getting the 2 points is you.
welll, try not to get a divorce--you married him for a reason didn't you? You love each other right? You can work it out. and the last part (uh huh, right, okay. sure whatever, i'm sorry) He might being doing that because he DOES feel bad about. He's just afraid to admit his faults.


+, from what you've said, it sounds like something else is bugging him. try and be nicer to him so that he might feel like opening up. GOOD LUCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment