Monday, August 23, 2010

I need advice. My husband and i and our 3 kids and 1 dog will be homeless by the end of this month. If it was?

you and your family what would you do?I need advice. My husband and i and our 3 kids and 1 dog will be homeless by the end of this month. If it was?
i would contact my pastor of my church to see if they have any resources that i could contact, in fact after my divorce, i was left homeless with 1 child and 1 dog, i called my pastor, and within the hour, i was in a very small apartment, my rent was paid up for 3 months, and my lights were turned on that same day, there was food for days, even dog food, so if you are a christrian, and you believe in God, then by all means PRAY and ASK for Gods guidance and HE will not leave you stranded, but in the mean time, do contact your local church(s), and Catholic Charities, they are nation wide, they help people in your situation, Good Luck, and i will be praying for you and yoursI need advice. My husband and i and our 3 kids and 1 dog will be homeless by the end of this month. If it was?
1st drop that looser husband, a man's job is to provide for his family. 2nd call all your friends and family, and tell them that you and the kids need help. 3rd get a job fast.
ask for help got to a shleter if you have to but if you can do anything else do it shelters are terible for children but the dog has to go.
I agree with Shannon W. Look in your phone book and contact your local social services agency (usually listed in the government section). They may be able to help you out, even if for just a short time.
I'd get rid of that dog and tell the husband he better do is bestt in putting a roof over our heads or I'll get rid of him too. And the kids stay right here with me.
Of course I would ask family and friends, I know it can be humbling for you but less impact on your kids. If your kids are in school you should have a parent liason at your elementary school. Or confide in a teacher trust me they have had students in same situation and will know resources also will make sure your kids are on free lunch program. Contact local agencies, find any any kind of job. I live paycheck to paycheck and I will find anything. Keep your head up! DONT take it out on your kids they know your stressed they dont need to be too
I would talk to a close family member to help us, just in case family services did not work out. In my experience your main option with family services will put your family into a shelter. When we moved from Texas to California, my husband's parents let us stay with them until we had jobs worked out and such. If something were to happen they would still let us live with them.
sleep in our cars.


move in with our parents.


borrow money.


find housing before the month's end.


sell our possesions for money.


ask for help.


good luck to you.
Depends on the circumstances....





If you own your own home, you can file a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, that will give you what they call ';Stay'; in your home. They will require you to pay 3% of your debt. If you have ';Homestead protection'; you are even better off.





If you are renting, there are laws that protect tenants for 6 months or more. That would give you time to seek alternate living arrangments.





Call a local Bankruptcy Attorney- they give free advice.





Good luck
Now this is the time to fall back on your resources, friends, family, people who will help you out in times like this. Don't give up on anybody, you need each other more now than ever. Poor dog. You need to find a new place soon, start asking around. Good luck, I hope you get over this situation soon.
Good Luck
I'm very sorry, I don't know if you have lost your jobs, but I have 4 kids and I know how I would feel, First off contact the bank or land lord and ask for a forgiveness on the past bills, see if they can attach that to the end of your loan like a balloon payment, if you have adjustable loan get refinanced and one of you should try to get a second job. good luck
Sadly, I think we'll be seeing more and more of this. I would first do everything in my power to keep my home. Cut back on everything. Back to bare basics. Sell everything I could. We would both take on two jobs for a while if that's what it took. If there was just no other way, we would probably live with family (uggggg) until we got back on our feet. I agree with the other answers, there is help out there but you need to find out where and then see it as something temporary until you guys get things straightened out. I wish you luck, I'm so sorry to hear that things are as bad as they are. You'll get through it. Keep your family together. Keep your chin up and keep those children laughing. You can bounce back quickly and to the kids it will seem like a small blip in time. Good luck and Hugggggggggggggggggggg :)
I would be getting a second job to provide for myself.








Take the dog to a shelter, put him/her up for adoption.





PS: Have worked for USPS for 12 years, great job, hard work, very secure, excellent pay and benefits.
Why are you and husband and three kids will be homeless you haven't stated why. The first thing i would do would be to look for somewhere i could rent a place to live instead of being homeless on the street. perhaps go to red cross or even shelter.
Contact your local family services. They may have emergency housing available. They may not allow the dog, though, so you may either need to find someone to take him for a bit, or you may need to find him a new home.
cancel my internet service first and sell the computer.
talk to your family about it!
I agree with the first answerer. You should see if a close friend or family member will take your dog until you get back on your feet. Look for some apartments that base the rent on income and sometimes will be free rent. Good luck.
I have been homeless. We found a transitional housing facility run by a church and lived there until we got jobs and saved enough to move to a falling apart trailer with no furniture, we steadily worked up from there and now rent a house (and have furniture). I am still big on finding community resources. Salvation Army offers rent and utility assistance. Every area has churches and nonprofits that help. Since you have kids you should be able to find a local Healthy Start or United Way branch, they can connect you to social services.

No comments:

Post a Comment