Monday, August 23, 2010

Can someone please give me advice? My husband has just started getting visitation with his son.?

We have had him over eeo weekend for almost two months now. Every time he is here he breaks something of my kids'. The first time, he broke my youngest sons bed. this weekend he broke my daughters' barbie dolls that they just got on friday. My husband refuses to discipline him and wont allow me to. The thing that is most irritating is that if my son from a previous relationship had done this stuff he would have gotten in a lot of trouble. When my stepson is here my husband does not do anything with any of us. He hides in our room and leaves me with 5 kids to take care of plus all the housework etc. but if i discipline ';his son'; it turns into a huge fight. This is putting a serious strain on our relationship. Can anyone please help me?Can someone please give me advice? My husband has just started getting visitation with his son.?
If he's doing these things purposely then it would be some sort of a jealous act, OR he feels that he is the outsider (I'm betting on the outsider). He's looking for attention and he'll take any kind of it negative or positive. Take your stepson out just the 2 of you. Make it a fun day of shopping, either for the house or for him; take a walk in the park and do lots of talking and listening etc. Let him know that your alright and your not the mean wicked stepmother. Put up a chore list along with a rule list for the weekends and make it fair and fun to all the kids. Don't try to be his mom he already has one, so be his friend and show him your not taking sides that he is excepted into your family. By doing this your husband will have to look after the other kids for a day you have out with the one. And he'll also see that your trying and hopefully follow you.Can someone please give me advice? My husband has just started getting visitation with his son.?
I'd open the door, put the kid in the room with him and tell him he better take care of this because the one thing he does not want to do is piss me off.
do as my daughter when the step comes over she goes visiting comes home when they leave for peace sake.
You state that you just started gettting visitation rights with his son.. Maybe the reason he is so soft on that child is because he finally gets to see his other child after a time of being away. He maybe thinking if he is too rough, he'll lose visitations.. Give him time.. he will come around and see the whole picture.. good luck
How old is the kid? Not that it means it's ok, but you said he just started getting him, how long has he not had him? Seems like he would be an older child since you have three together. Sometimes kids are rebellious in new situations like this, I'm sure the kid is going through a lot in his mind, and your husband is probably just feeling guilty, not trying to put it all off on you. Sometimes this can paralyze a person's actions. Doesn't sound like good communication going on in the house, time to e-mail Dr. Phil. Really,though, check out the show or website, he deals with ';blended families'; all the time.
I don't know how long you been married to this wimp of a man but let me tell you it doesn't get any better and if he couldn't treat my son any better than he would be out. His son can do anything and get away with it so what does this show your children? Cejay
He needs to man up, or he needs to be left alone to force the action. For real.


If you can muster the nerve, pack the other kids up %26amp; leave the next time his son comes over. Then he can be the father he thinks he wants to be. If you have to do it every time, then do it until he gets the hint. Really.


I wouldn't put up with it at all. In fact, I still live with my ex-bf, and I've been more harsh on his daughter than he - without consequence (because I'm a good mom, and I know how to act like it). The little girl and I get along just fine, and I have no fear of correcting her if she needs it.


You just do what you have to do, whether it be forcing him into acting like the boy's dad, or acting in place of his mother. It's your house too, your children %26amp; your family's belongings that are getting trashed. If it's a control and respect issue, then gain some control, and teach the kid some respect (and/or your husband!).
UMM yeah. If he wont step up tell him he needs to visit this son elsewhere so he cant cause any more damage. If he wont deal with it why should you not be alowwed to? Men are so annoying some times. GOOD LUCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment