Monday, August 23, 2010

Need advice! Been married to husband 19 yrs. he consistantly has wandering eye and even if front of me, help!?

I feel I still look good and even turn heads but he never tells I look good. He is always telling me how good other women look and I do not understand what is up with that. I told him how I feel but I do not want to come across like I am insecure about myself. Only his actions!Need advice! Been married to husband 19 yrs. he consistantly has wandering eye and even if front of me, help!?
The issue with him looking at other women, probably has more to do with his own insecurities than any you might have. It is usually seen by the woman as an insult - the fact that the guy can be walking hand in hand with you, but gazing off in the direction of another woman. Perhaps he does it because he wants/needs to know whether he is still of a handsome enough appearance for other women to look back at him. Even if that's not the case, it's probably a better way of looking at it than persecuting yourself for not being attractive enough for him to notice and acknowledge. Its typical of the type of thing a man does when he does not fully appreciate what he's got. When I see men make eyes at other women (even at me), when they are with someone, I think the guy has issues and is not worth being oogled at in return. As they (the guys) get older, fatter, less attractive and more self conscious they lose their confidence in much the same way as a woman might. When you are with your husband and you notice him doing this, laugh! He may ask what you are laughing at so tell him you saw him looking at another woman and was amused at the fact she looked back at him as if he were her father!! Its a more gentle way of telling him he's too old to be playing those sorts of games, to grow up and grow old graciously. No one with any true intellect, would find him attractive anyway- especially if he behaves like that in front of his own wife!!Need advice! Been married to husband 19 yrs. he consistantly has wandering eye and even if front of me, help!?
Men just can't seem to keep their mouths shut. He has been told how you feel. Now it's time to tell him you hear him disrespecting you and you are ready to do something about it. You are insecure if it bothers you and you don't put a stop to it. He is inconsiderate.


My husband makes comments about women to me but its usually stuff that is in the realm of how much he likes the look of some movie star and to be honest he gets it right back from me. So I ignore it. I know where he is at night and I'm not worried.


Insist that he respond when you ask how you look. Ask it in a positive manner, ';Do you like this color on me? Do you like peach flavored lipstick?'; If you ask, ';Does this make me look fat?'; then be prepared to accept a yes.


If the eye is wandering and nothing else on his body is then work it out.
Are you asking this question only now becoz Y/A was not around for long before ? if you could put up with it for 19 years then whats big deal now. And believe me there are many good looking women out there, we guys are programmed to see other women intrinsically, I do it even without realizing and guess what its not even the beautiful women all the time I look at, even the not so good looking ones would just turn my eyes, it happens so naturally that it would be unnatural to stop it. And I believe completely that your husband means no offense to you by doing this he is just doing it as he cannot not help himself either. my advice is just ignore it for as long as he does not do it intentionally to hurt you.
Well males of all ages have a wondering eye whether they admit it or not . The problem i see is i may look at another and may think they are pretty and all but when it comes to my women they could never be as hot as she is.After 19 yrs you should be able to tell him how hurt full that is to hear him talking like that about other women you should ask him or better yet start talking about the other men like wow that guy is hot see how he reacts maybe that will get his attention.
Just be upfront and tell him how it makes you feel... Yes most guys have a wandering eye but it another thing when they are with their woman and voices such things.. It is called ';disrespect';!!! He either respects you or he doesn't and that is the bottom line but you can't really blame him either because you have been with him for 19 years and have implied he has always been like this and you are just now wondering how to get him to stop this action...
It could be his way to make you stay fit for him or he is the insecure one because of your looks and he noticed that you could still make others turn their head when they see you.


That's all I could think of why he acts that way...but as long as he don't go beyond boundaries like become unfaithful then nothing to worry about and much more you don't need to feel insecure because most men though act in a strange way towards their wives but most of them are not really very expressive in words.
He is being honest with you. Allow him to compliment other woman - allow him to do what he does with his mates in front of you - you've done well so far why let this bother you.





Comments like that can make the strongest of us feel insecure. You cannot control his actions, but you can control how you feel.
TBee, I'm really not trying to be a judgmental biddy but if you didn't address this 19 years ago I'm not sure what you can do about it now. Maybe start leering at men and then if/when he says something tell him that's how you feel when he leers at other women? That's pretty passive-aggressive though and might well backfire. Maybe just accept this behavior? It has been 19 years afterall.
Depends wat sort of guy he is.. He probaly thinks your hot but most guys are too cocky and arrogant or shy to put it nicely to come out %26amp; say the truth to your face. Do you agree that the other girls he looks at r hot? maybe he thinks your ok with him doing that. iF HE REALLY LOves ya just talk to him about it. Ask him:


Hun Do you think im hot b4 you do it or something and get in your hotest sexy outfit. His brain will explode.
Ever tried agreeing with him? Try beating him to it......like ';wow...now she has nice tittys....dontcha think honey?'; Never show him that you're feeling insecure cuz he'll play on it...I've been married to the same man now for 14 years and I'm telling you this with experience....trust me it works!
Not sure what to tell you but what goes around comes around. When my spouse does something that bothers me I turn it around. What if I did.......and he always hates that. It puts it into perspective for him so he UNDERSTANDS my point exactly.
There is an old saying ';You can look all you want, but don't ever touch it'; Tell him about the compliments that you get and see what he does.
Honey, don't sweat it. He's just thinking out loud. Why don't you try and do the same thing? See what he does then...I bet he'll stop.
You look Beautiful....Your sensitive, funny, romantic, sweet....do I have to go on..Flirt a little yourself with other men when he`s with you and see what he says about that..He`s a lucky guy....
Insecurities lie within yourself, not someone else.
RELAX!!!! Start worrying when he starts looking at the boys butt's...then, there's a problem....





';BLUE EYES HAS LEFT THE THEATRE!!!!!';
Point out the hottest looking man you see. Then look at your husband and sadly shake your head.
Be yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment