Sunday, August 22, 2010

What to do when your parents don't like your husband/fiance? Advice please?

I just moved in with my fiance that I have been with for 2 years. My parents never liked him for me and they never had a reason other than he doesn't own a home and we are renting. All they talk about it that and that he is not overly rich. My parents say, ';when we got married, dad had a house and a lot of things.'; I just get so mad. I am persian and he is not persian so I am sure that has something to do with them not liking him too.





He is so hard working and a good provider. I am so happy to be with him and living with him and getting married soon. It pisses me off that my parents don't respect my decision. I love my parents though and hate that they are so apart from me because of this. It is so unfair.





Advice?What to do when your parents don't like your husband/fiance? Advice please?
parents will be parents..


but really this is your life long commitment so anything they say and do you should not let bother you... if they can't be pleased with how you date or chose to mary then they're simply missing out on their daughter's happiness by blinding themselves with their expectations.. it's your future and you guys are marrying each other not each others families.. of course you both will become part of one another's lives but it's still just the two of you day in and day out.. so for the meantime try to have them understand that if they love you they will just have to accept him too.. if not for anyone at least for their own daughter... as long as you love him and he loves you then that's all that matters =)


not everyone was born with ready made lives..What to do when your parents don't like your husband/fiance? Advice please?
your welcome i hopw things work out ok =)

Report Abuse



him owning a home has nothing to do with who he is as a person. ur mom/dad are basing there history of husband/wife to ur situation. just make them understand that he has other good qualities in him that are good. renting a home is not bad. as long as he is good to you and takes very good care of u that is all that matters right now. try not to focus on that and continue to love him for him and not what he has or does not own. some parents are just old fashion
Well your parents are only looking after you. But so long as your husband is providing for you and is not bringing you down then I wish you the best of luck. I would just ask them nicely to keep their comments to themselves and respect your choice. If they can not do this for you, you may have to distance yourself from them.
owning a house is not everything...but how can you say he's a good provider when he can't even afford to buy a house? besides, who do you think care about you the most? a person who knows about you for 2 years or your parents??? think about that.
hey as long as you are happy. I had the same problem and still went ahead and got married to the guy. and now i wish i would have listen to my family i regret not have follow their advice but now its to late but everyone situation if diffrent good luck
my in laws cant stand me either..and who cares. the problem came in my wife letting them. shed go to their house and theyd start in with the whole...what do you see in that man? hes no good. blah, blah, blah. shed just sit there and listen....they even had the nerve to tell her kids (from previous marriage) to not listen to me...that i wasnt worthy to discipline them or give them advise...got to the point where i confronted them. turned into a nasty fight...but my wife just sat there...didnt say a word..this caused us to split up for a week...it hurt my feelings to be honest. i really resented my wife for that...but we worked it out. and now she tells em to keep a lid on it. they still hate me...but they want there daughter around...she told em to accept her choice and keep their opinions to them selves or she wouldnt come around...always defend your man
  • revlon india
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment