Monday, August 23, 2010

I need advice regarding my husband

My marriage is having problems and it is broken down to 3 things: My son, my ex-husband and my husband's family. My son (which is not my husbands son) moved out 3 yrs ago to live with his dad has stopped seeing me and has stressed me out. Yeh it took a toll on my marriage because I shut down for awhile and did nothing with my life. The problem I have always had and is still having is his family. We went out yesterday and he invited his family to join us. He won a free happy hour at a bar. I was sitting down next to 2 of his cousins and they asked how my son is. I told them that I dont see him. One looked at the other then they bursted out loud laughing...Well I didnt take it and I told then he broke my heart and all you two do is laugh, then I told them where to go. Its not that they mentioned about my son that is bothering me, its that they laughed at me with me sitting right there, like I'm weird or something...They were so rude. I asked my husband for the car keys because i wanted to go home. I told him that I would pick him up later. He gave me a hard time giving me the keys and then said that I was ruining his life. He stayed with his family even though they treated me like crap. He later said that I overreact, etc. Im tired of him defending them and not being there for me. Im so upset because my marriage is shaky anyway. We do things together still, but I dont know how my husband feels about me anymore. With the grief my son put me through, it caused alot of problems with us.. His family has never opened up to me, they are very clicky and stay amongst themselves. I decided a while ago to stay home when he goes over there, but he doesn't like that either. I dont' know what to do....Any advice?I need advice regarding my husband
You were right, the cousins were wrong. I am sorry that you had to go through that.








Talk to your husband again. If you don't get anywhere, suggest counseling. This is going to take some work. You are doing battle with his family relationship and what they think is appropriate behavior. In the end, if your husband doesn't think there's a problem, and it's causing a strain on your relationship with him, you're going to have to decide how much you're willing to take and where to draw the line. I hope everything works out for you.I need advice regarding my husband
Honey, all I can say is my prayers are with you. Try to work things out with your son, since this seems to be the root of the problem. Find your own friends to be with and create a ';family'; for yourself.
Boy you've had it hard lately.


Your son leaving breaks your heart, but you don't say why. In my experience the young ones get over things in a few years. So there is still hope there. The other part about your husband's family. How dare they and how dare he for not defending you. Does the way you are treated by them have anything to do with your son leaving? I would not stay with someone that didn't defend me to the end.
I had a girlfriend who husband treated her like your husband. He always along with his family treated her like she was the maid and third rate help around his family. He would spell bitter words to her. I could see clearly he didn't really want her and he really didn't love her. He just wanted to keep her from doing better than him... Some things we all put up with. But this is something my ego is not going to allow me to allow someone walk and step on me - while him and wolves for relatives viciously attack me. Girl get yoursel straight.... get on with your life before he leave you first.

No comments:

Post a Comment