Sunday, August 22, 2010

Need to find out about bad advice given to my husband by his lawyer which resulted in his arrest at work?

My husband is a merchant seaman who had a case pending in baltimore, md court date set for jan. 18, 2006 under the advice of his lawyer my husband got on a ship 12 26, 2005 in order to provide funds to pay lawyer with as well as household expenses. When my husband's ship returned from overseas and landed in Va 4/10/06 police boarded the ship and arrested him taking him to a Va jail for expedition to Md never once did this lawyer inform me of the situation awaiting my husband when he returned to the states however, he cashed every check that I sent him. When asked why he would tell my husband it was alright to get on ship before the court date this lawyer stated ';I thought the judge would throw it out but he didn't'; because of what he thought my husband was taken from his job and placed in jail where he remains at this writing. Is this a normal thing for a lawyer to do should I find another lawyer and sue this one for damagesd incurred by my family because of his negligence.Need to find out about bad advice given to my husband by his lawyer which resulted in his arrest at work?
I am sorry to hear that. I would definately find another lawyer and sue the old lawyer for costs and negligence. He would of known what was happening and how the legal process works. I would take him to the cleaners. I hope it all works out for you both and your husband is out of jail real soon.Need to find out about bad advice given to my husband by his lawyer which resulted in his arrest at work?
YES! Get another lawyer!! Do a little research into the qualifications of this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment