Monday, August 23, 2010

Need a little advice here....My husband is pushing me too hard What do I do?

I am in therapy at the moment to help resolve an issue from my past. My husband who is generally a really sweet guy keeps pushing me harder and harder. I am delving into my issues as hard and as comfortably as I can. He almost came out and called me a quitter because I am not ';healed'; at the moment. Is there any way I can make him understand that it hurts when he does this?Need a little advice here....My husband is pushing me too hard What do I do?
He probably thinks he is helping, when he is in fact making things worse. Men often have this ';fix it'; mentality, where they feel quite useless when something is wrong and they can't immediately sort it out. He is just being a typical man, trying to solve a problem his own logical way. Unfortunately the mind doesn't heal that way.





Explain to him that you appreciate his wanting to help you, but you need to do this your own way. Tell him what he actually CAN do to help, rather than what he is doing wrong. That way he can feel useful in the process, rather than a helpless onlooker.Need a little advice here....My husband is pushing me too hard What do I do?
To be honest, sometimes you have to slap a man on the side of the head for him to understand something. Don't hint around with him just come out and be frank and tell him you do not like him doing it.
Without knowing what the ';issue'; is, it's hard to provide some advice. I would recommend that the FIRST thing you do is tell your husband exactly what you wrote here. Communication is the key here and based on what you've said will be VITAL toward you and your husband getting through this.





That said, I would guess he probably doesn't understand exactly what it is you are delaing with because he's not had to do so. You might want to consider cutting him a littel slack for this as well. Finally, maybe you should consider his position and discuss it with your therapist. It's ALWAYS uncomfortablt to step outside of our comfort zone.





Communication, tolerance, compromise and understanding - THOSE are the often sought after keys to a successful marriage. Both need to play or neither will win.





Good Luck!
Tell him you need his love and support more than ever right now...let him know that by ridiculing you, he's hurting your feelings and pushing you away from him.





He has to realise that there cannot be a time limit put upon you...if so, it'll make you feel like you're living in a pressure cooker.





I hope he realises this and I wish you luck.
Your going to have to tell. Maybe ask him to come along to one of your therapy sessions, and have the therapist tell him he is not helping you by pushing you.
Whatever it is, he is getting annoyed that it is taking so long to find an answer to and get on with life---the present, his life with you.


He must feel that this thing affects his marriage with you. He doesn't want you to dwell on the past, he wants you to focus on the present.


Are you dwelling on it too much? Should you have taken care of this issue before you got married? Maybe so...if it's affecting your marriage life.


You have to balance healing from this thing and not letting it cause problems in the present. It can't all be about you and your healing of the past. You have to devote just as much energy into the present, or that will get messed up too.
Take him to therapy with you %26amp; work thru this.
Say exactly what you wrote here.
Is he on Yahoo Answers? Because he can wait until you remove the ';Crazi'; part from your name, then he'll know you are healed...





What -- it's just a suggestion!
Too general a question. DOn't know the nature of the issue. YOu can authorize the therapist to tell him your progress and the realistic schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment