Sunday, August 22, 2010

Any Advice? My husband lost his job, we have 3 children under 6 and I'm 32 weeks pregnant.?

I'm so stressed out right now. Our health insurance is gone and I can't get any through my work. We can't pay the bills due next week and I'm freaking out. We don't need this kind of stress right now. What can we do to make ends meet until he finds a job? What can I do about insurance for me and the baby right now? I don't even know how to be strong anymore. I'm the positive person in the family and I don't have the energy to do it anymore, let alone deal with everyday normal life. I don't want the kids to know something is terribly wrong, but it feels impossible.





Anyone with suggestions, I am open to them!Any Advice? My husband lost his job, we have 3 children under 6 and I'm 32 weeks pregnant.?
I am sorry, sweetie. I will say a prayer for you. Keep being supportive and positive. It will all work out. It's a big life change and its always the stormiest right before the end of the storm, but you'll get through the clouds and the sun will be bright and the storm will be far past. This may be a new beginning or a time to find your passions in life.


So, first thing...call social services. Get on WIC %26amp; medicaid, get some financial asssistance - food stamps, unemployment (drop the pride, we are talking about your children and health here), call the school cafeteria and get reduced/free lunch. Also, sometimes insurance lasts for 30days post-employment (check on it). It may be time to drop some of the household expenses like anything entertainment/beauty/service related (sorry even if you need a manicure; it's do-it-yourself time), cut cable, drop down to a cell phone or landline only, budget and clip grocery coupons, and no eating out (it takes work but it can be done), watch your electricity/gas/water usage. Call creditors, and even the utilities' companies, they have special programs for people with special needs (even temporary). If you do daycare for the other kids, it's gotta go too. Sell, anything you have been wanting to get rid of (now's the time for a yard sale). Call family and relatives for support, whether financially or just purely moral support. Let's face it @32 weeks you're not going to get a regular job but there's plenty online things (surveys suck but it's a little extra cash). Somethings have to be put on hold in your life right now, it's going to suck but keep thinking 'temporary'. You can live a simpler life for now.





We should look to God throughout the good times, but so many people come closer to him because He's the one who's there even during the bad times. You are more than this hurt, frustration and difficult time.Any Advice? My husband lost his job, we have 3 children under 6 and I'm 32 weeks pregnant.?
Apply for what ever state and federal aid you possibly can. If you have debt, try to consolidate it. As for your husband, keep trying to find a permanent position, but in the meantime take what ever work he can. Even a little is better than nothing. My prayers are with you and I pray all work out and health for you and your family.
For the insurance I dont know if your state has it but here in good ole Cali we have low income insurance not walefare but to working families we pay 4 buck a month for each child as for your pregnancy you might look into a program called A.I.M they offer low rate insurance for pregnancy.Good luck
Why can't your husband get another job? Where is your savings. Maybe you shouldn't have had so many kids...





You will probably just suck up some of our tax dollars like the illegal aliens.
Oh, sweetie, that is just awful. First of all, take deep breaths until the panic is out of you. I'm serious.





It's at times like this that you might think to ';let go, and let God...';. And while you are at it, ';let go, and let your husband...';. He needs to step up to the plate and be the strong one, even if it takes him a while and it's not graceful!





Truthfully, I think he should grab the first job that comes along, no matter how low paying or distasteful, as a temporary fix while he looks for something better.





Is there some reason that he is not eligible for unemployment benefits?





I think there is something you can do about the insurance. First of all, coverage usually does not disappear immediately, I think you may have it for 30 additional days. Ask him to find out. And he should ask about the opportunity to ';COBRA'; the insurance, meaning you can keep it, but you are responsible for the premium payments, which may actually become higher. That would take care of the short run at least.





Through Social Services, you can usually get ';emergency assistance funds'; and apply for Medicaid and food stamps - you certainly qualify for the WIC program. You would probably both have to go to their offices to apply. Your husband may even get some assistance or advice on the job hunt too.





There is a safety net of some sort out there; this is what your taxes are about! And remember, let your husband make it all happen insofar as possible. He may need the deep breathing too lol.





Best of luck and put your trust where it belongs.
Go to your local social services office. You're not asking for a hand out. You'd be doing a wise thing by asking for help in a time of need. You'll qualify because you're pregnant. If the rest of your family doesn't immediately qualify they will if it takes your husband a few weeks to get employed. Social services will help you with insurance, food if necessary, and maybe even money for your bills. They'll also refer you to an employment bureau. Remember, this is an emergency and you need help. It's what they are there for. To get some help with your bills, try local churches. They often have programs. You can also dial 211 from your phone. They'll inform you about local resources available. This is a tough time. I know because I've been there. I wish you and your family the best of luck.
He goes out and gets any job he can, period
This might seem like a odd answer, but it usally helps! Do you go to church? If u do, start giving 10% offering...The lord will help you through hard times always! TRUST ME! Just pray that everything will be o.k and see what happens!...Hope I helped!!





God Bless You And Your Family!
Food Stamps
why is your husband not out looking for any type of job???
Things will work out..get on the phone %26amp; call social services. Call your Church...Churches will help you out till your husband is on his feet again...it would help if I knew where you lived. I have a friend that has 12 kids %26amp; i know the Church helps them out. Good Luck - Take care of yourself %26amp; your family.
I do not know what area you are in but the first thing you should do is find out if there is a WIC program available in your area for you and the baby. They will provide free prenatal and postnatal care for the bay until the age of two. Your husband might also investigate day labor where they get paid daily. It wont be much but it will help until you get on your feet. Check on local area churches that have food banks and clothing. I hope this helps and will pray for you and your family
right now, your husband needs to get a new job, any kind of job. not sure how you will pay for your bills right now, but the state department does have medical assistance if you can't afford your health insurance. go talk to the welfare people and the social people.
Pray..





then try some local organizations for help... and turn to your local churches... I know my church helps people in need until they can get back on their feet.





You are in my thoughts...


Christina
First off, I'd like to say that I commend you for being strong for yourself and your family. Keep hold of your FAITH.....you will get through this hard time in your life. Is your husband able to claim unemployment in the meantime, hopefully if he can then his employers should send him the proper paperwork so he can file them. I think everyone files unemployment online now. I also heard this new number on the radio, it's called 2-1-1 it's a FREE community service (and confidential) administered by United Way. You can call this number to seek help in crisis, just like your situation. I'm not sure what area you live in but I urge you to dial this number. God bless you and your family, everything will be okay JUST DON';T GIVE UP!!!!
u can work an evening shift or grave yard shift...to bring in some money...while he looks for a job during the day...he may have to accept something that is not in his usual course of work...to be able to put food on the table...reduce your out flow of money...purchase generics...no more eating steaks,,etc...been there and done that---and I would probably delay any more babies right now
Well first off I'm really sorry this is happening to you and your family right now. I am only 14 and I have absolutely no idea how to help you. All I can say is look for a new job that pays well and doesn't require alto of hours so that you can take care of your family. But even I am old enough to know there aren't good jobs available out there. But you can always try, and remember that your expecting another child and with three already you cannot quit you cannot give up that easily. But in the mean time you can leave the kids at a relatives' on weekends while you and your husband are in search of a good job. I'm very sorry that i couldn't have been more helpful. I hope every thing works out for you and your family.
You need to apply for medicaid. Maybe food stamps for a little while until your husband can get back to work. Is he going to be able to get unemployment?
get you tubes tied the amount of children you have does matter if you did not have so many you would not be in such a bad situation you should have stopped at two got yourself a job saved some money then thought about having more

No comments:

Post a Comment