Monday, August 23, 2010

I need professional advice, me and my husband of 2 years are getting divorce, he is legal resident, we live in

new york, he is legal resident, and my papers to get a green card were in process, i am allowed to ask for alimony, we dont have kids , but i heard that you can get alimony . my application for green card is not completed . please give me advice what to doI need professional advice, me and my husband of 2 years are getting divorce, he is legal resident, we live in
Hopefully your green card will be here before any court date. Not really sure on this one but since you have applied before the divorce started, you may be in luck. Yes there is a good chance that you will get spousal support in this case. Also the Judge could either proceed with the understanding that your green card is being processed and/or postpone the divorce til you get your green card. Just am not an expert on immigration laws and they seem to change dailyI need professional advice, me and my husband of 2 years are getting divorce, he is legal resident, we live in
I am not familiar with US law. But main thing be patient and fight. On a first glance, your chances are pretty good. If you have money find a lawier, if not, do a research yourself and don't loose it. What matters: every application must be delivered in time with a fee paid. And then patience. Swimming, hiking and socializing might help to wait out the periods of time. Don't forget to check wether you qualify for other immigration programs. Good luck, Marina!
Consult an attorney.

No comments:

Post a Comment