Thursday, July 29, 2010

Please help with advice, husband came home at 8AM drunk with more alcohol...?

We have been getting in arguments lately, and he won't talk to me for the last week. He came home late last Monday, and would not explain why and refused to talk to me and always walked out of the house and wouldn't answer my calls.


This prompted me to check the phone bill and I found calls made to a number every single night, sometimes 10 calls in one night sometimes 5 sometimes 2, but every nite he makes calls to the same phone number. I have asked him who it is, he said its to his guy friend, and so I asked him why he calls him so much and he never answers. Also, I was getting angry because he isn't paying bills... I keep asking him to give me money for the bills and he just hasn't and doesn't respond.


He also admitted on Saturday that he stayed out late to 5AM on Thursday night because him and his friend stayed at his job to drink... he works at a restaurant.





So then last night he never came home... he came home at 8AM this morning with alcohol in his hands. He reeked of alcohol and looked as maybe he could have been on drugs.





I don't think he is cheating, I have called the number and its a guy. But the only conclusion I can come to is drugs, I mean... why else would you call someone 10 times every nite?





So I told him he cannot drink alcohol in the house at 8AM and I took the bag and went outside to throw it in the garbage... he got mad and locked me out of the house. I was stuck outside and finally he came and unlocked the door, he screamed at me that he will drink the wine in the house then.





I don't know what to do... one other thning that concerns me is that he drives a motorcycle home and he is driving this motorcycle drunk! I am leaving to my parents house tomorrow, I already took a 10 day vacation from work that he was supposed to join me but now he doesn't want to go.





Should I email his boss and let him know that my husband is drinking the alcohol at the restaurant all night? if thats even where he is... or what about his drunk driving? what do I do about his drunkeness at 8AM???





I don't know what to do..





that is what I am afraid of, he will end up in the hospital.


Just to add - back in march we went through a similar situation, he never came home and was out all night and I got a call at 8AM from the hospital... he was partying with friends all night and got into an accident... he said he was hit by a car, but his friends think he fell over a ledge onto concrete... he had over 12 fractures at the time and a head injury... this was only in March and I thought he would learn his lesson... but seems he is doing it again and I fear a hospital again!





we have no kids. thank god! just a dog that I am bringing with me to my parents!Please help with advice, husband came home at 8AM drunk with more alcohol...?
Good move on staying with your parents for a while. As long as your husband is irresponsible enough to get on a motorcycle drunk, and bad-tempered enough to lock you out and scream at you when you make a reasonable decision not to let him drink when he comes home drunk at 8:00 in the morning... yep, Somewhere Else is a good place to be.





If he's putting his marriage and his life in danger for the sake of alcohol... I'm no expert but I'll go out on a limb and call that alcoholism.





You know you deserve better than this. A husband that comes home within an hour after his workday ends, a husband who's sober enough that you can enjoy his company without getting screamed at or otherwise dealing with a very large child, and no secret phone conversations that take up the nights he should be spending in bed with you: these are things that you, as a wife, have a right to expect.





I recommend spelling that out for him, maybe in writing so you don't have to worry about getting overwhelmed in the conversation. I think this situation is at the point where an ultimatum is called for: shape up or lose your wife. There may be some circumstance that excuses this behavior, but I doubt it, and if there is, you're his wife: he should have told you. I'm thinking this is just addiction, plain and simple. And dangerous, for him and for you. Protect yourself.





Best wishes.Please help with advice, husband came home at 8AM drunk with more alcohol...?
Call the number from his cell phone or from somewhere else - he's told whoever to not answer the phone - you can also do a reverse number look up if its not a cell
Ditch him - things will only get worse. If you get pregnant then you will have much more trouble and so will the baby/child.
His drinking and dangerous behavior is his problem, don't allow him to make it yours!





You deserve a much better life than you have. What he is putting you through is unfair to you. It's not what you need at your age, or ever.





Please file for a divorce from your parent's home. Don't call him, don't text him. Go on with your life and enjoy. This will allow him to get on with his life too.
if you have the number of the person he calls every night why have you not called the number to find out who it is? why not go stay at a friends house for a few days so you can think about what things? ask your self what do you want to do? what do you want?

No comments:

Post a Comment