Saturday, July 31, 2010

My husband and I are renewing our vows in a few years, and I need some advice.?

I am trying to decide on the Bridesmaid's dresses. I want to allow SOME flexibility in the style of the dress but some of my bridesmaid's are larger in the chest area. We are Catholic and I do not want anything too revealing for my bridesmaids, as we will obviously be in church! What style for the top part of the dress would be best?My husband and I are renewing our vows in a few years, and I need some advice.?
I'd wait to worry about that until you have less than a year before the ceremony. Styles change, and if you start looking now, you might find a dress you love, only to have the style discontinued before your event. Once the date is (a lot) closer, take your bridesmaids with you to look at dresses. If they can actually try on the dresses, you'll have a better idea of what will or won't work for large-chested women, and your bridesmaids will probably appreciate having a say in what they wear.My husband and I are renewing our vows in a few years, and I need some advice.?
My husband and I renewed our vows a few years back. We did not go through the whole wedding thing. What we did was buy new wedding bands only. Every 10 years we will switch the bands. This is a less espensive thing to do and it still means as much. We are on year 22 right now.





Good Luck!
I find that bigger sized and bigger busted always look well in A-line dresses. Its a style almost anyone can wear and is easy to find. In case you are not familiar, A-line is snug at the top with a ribbon/seem going under the breastline, and then gradually flows away from the body. really pretty,elgant and flatters most body types.
You don't have ';another'; wedding for a vow renewal - it is just a simple ceremony done at the church, then usually followed by a dinner at your home or a restaurant for family and close friends, however you decide to host it.


Regardless of what your wedding was like, it was your wedding and your memories should be of that. A vow renewal is nice to do on the 25th anniversary, but some recently are doing it on the 10th.
Your renewing your vows in a few YEARS? Isn't it a little soon to be looking at dresses. Styles change and so do peoples sizes. I think it would be better to wait until about a year or less to start buying the dresses.


Several of the major brides maid web sites offer seperate peices. You can get the same color in all the different styles. That way each girl can wear a dress flattering to them, and all will still be in the same color.
Since I am a large busted female with the same problem myself I have found that halter top dresses disguese the size and hod you in the dress better...as long as the v neck doesn't plunge to deep for your taste. I am also conservative and have found that I typically have to have my halter top straps altered a little bit to fit just right. Scoop necklines are also very conservative while being classy. A high U neckline as well as a boat neckline are also in what you would be looking for....I will include a website with some pictures....don't pay attention to the colors or lengths of the gowns just the necklines.


Good luck and I hope you find the right answer to your question.


P.S. Typically when you have a large bust you will told to buy a gown/dress that will fit your largest proportion because you can always take the garment in to fit the waist and hips better but hardly ever and typically never can let the garment out to accomodate your largest proportion.
i would go with a halter top style that has either a v-neck or scoop neckline.





what i have seen so many do is let the girls choose their dresses. give them specific guidelines you want...length of dress, color, etc. then also remind them that it will be a Catholic wedding so nothing too revealing.





the other option is to let them choose the dress and then add a jacket or shawl to it for the wedding and then at the reception they can take that off.





added...i agree with others that styles change and your tastes may change..but if the girls pick a dress they can wear again some other time..then it wont matter when you buy the dresses. i ahve seen girls start planning 3yrs in advance. its just a way to get your ideas and thoughts put together without stressing vs. planning within a year and worrying about every detail

No comments:

Post a Comment