Thursday, July 29, 2010

My husband looks a lot older than me, and I'm embarrassed. Advice?

I am 31, my husband is 39, but I look younger, and I guess he looks older. I love him like crazy and our relationship is great. However I have been mortified on occasion to be asked if he was my father. (Fortunately never in front of him.) I don't want to care what people think, but I can't help feeling embarrassed. How can I get over this?My husband looks a lot older than me, and I'm embarrassed. Advice?
Shame on you that you would allow looks to come in the way of your marriage. One day you will grow old too, so that's a consolation.





BUT if it affects you TELL to do something abt the way he carries himself!My husband looks a lot older than me, and I'm embarrassed. Advice?
That is a tough one and I can understand your feelings. My mother had the same experience with her boyfriend. However after the guy started exercising and lost a ton of weight and dressing younger, the problem went right out the window. Think of ways to motivate your guy to dress younger, get a new haircut, go to the gym. You say you love him then help him. We should not feel embarrassed by the ones we love unless we think they can do more. Perhaps you can also tell him how handsome he is- build his self esteem and help get a new wardrobe. I am sure he wouldn't mind the new fix er upper.
Perhaps you could stop being so shallow, superficial, and stuck up?





Don't worry - in 10 years your body will go to hell and you'll look worse than he does and the tables will be turned.





Plus, he has every reason right now to be red-faced about your grammar - ';older than me';? Don't you mean, ';he looks older than I do';?





Of course people ask if he is your father - they want him to correct your awful mangling of the Queen's English.
You allow yourself to be affected by other people's comments or perceptions. Nothing you can do about your looks or his. You must accept it and move on. I'm sure the people who ask if he is your father and you say ';no, my 39 year old husband'; they are way more embarrassed than you. It is their rudeness to say such a comment.
I really don't see a problem as it seems his looking older does not bother you and is an indirect compliment as to how you look. What is important is how you view your hubby not others. If it truly bothers you though, then figure out why he looks older. Is it because of how he dresses, styles his hair, how he acts........ Suggest to him ways he could look younger. I buy my husbands clothes all the time.
Who cares? Are you happy? People always talk. Don't care about what random people think??????????? Don't you have any serious problem? If you love him like crazy, he knows how to satisfy you in bed, take care of you emotionally, if he knows how to say I love you and make you feel special, and your relationship is great,,,,,, come on, he could be 70, who cares, the poor man is only 39.
WOW, you're contradictory............you don't care what people say but at the same time you are embarrassed, ummm go figure! I had no idea you could do both at the same time, usually embarrassment comes from other peoples opinions about something about us, so 1st get real and admit it because it is what it is...............You DO care what people say and my questions is has he aged since you looked in his face and said I do? if not....................baby, life is short, throw pettiness aside and enjoy life some people never even experience love..............enjoy yours! Good luck
In this day and age of infidelity, desertion, drug addiction, and loafers, if you've got a good man, faithful husband, who adores you...count yourself as one of the lucky few and do whatever you can to hang onto him. If you let him get away, some other woman will enjoy the fruits of your foolishness!
quit caring what other people think


all that matters is how you feel and how he feels


go to this website, its fun! http://www.famoushookups.com/site/celebr鈥?/a>


Demi Moore is 46 and her husband Ashton Kercher is only 30!


They claim they are very happy.


Age difference is just like religion or culture or any other difference. It is challenging and takes work and honesty. Think about what you admire about this man and when some one asks if he is your father, simply reply '; no he is my wonderful husband!';
Honey, he must have something going for him to have attracted you. Just be proud that you're his wife. There is nothing to be embarrassed about.





Consider this! When you say, ';he's my husband'; with a smile on your face, it's the other person who deserves the embarrassment. Not you!
You have everything going for you and it is not unusual to have some well disguised jealous questions and remarks. Next time you have such stupid questions thrown at you, tell them he is your great grandpa.
Say, ';Nope, he's my husband,'; as though it's the most natural thing in the world. This will shift the embarrassment immediately from you to the insensitive asker.
Come on, lol you should not care what people say. IFFF there is somthing he can work on. Changing his hair do, maybe shaving everyday. Anything to make him look younger suggest it in a nice manner.
Sounds like you need to get over YOURSELF! Who gives a funk what others think? If he treats you right and takes care of business in the bedroom, what is the problem?
That is terrible to be embarressed about your husband...and for goodness sakes, he is 39, not 90! He can't possibly look THAT old!
I really doubt that anyone would think he is your father, lol....


How sad to think that he embarrasses you.. He's your husband, it shouldn't matter what people think.
Embarrassed over the fact he looks older than you! That is crazy,,,,,,,,, there is more important things in a marriage get real.
OMG how self centered can you be. Did you ever think he's embarrsed by you too.
did you only notice he looks older now all of a sudden?


who cares.


dont be shallow.


you married for love didnt you?
Its just something u will have to deal with as u both get older
simple solution..get a blue rinse and leave your warpaint off..that should make you look older
u shud be happy with what u have

No comments:

Post a Comment