Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Need advice. Husband raised his hand :(?

my husband and i got into very serious arguement last night over finances. I got a little out of hnd and said a few things that i shoudnt have said.. well that led to him getting a lil physical. open hand hit and a kick. this morning he was very sencere aboutt his aplogy and he has been feeling very guilty all day long. I am not sure about what to do. I relly do love him and this is not like him. he has been very stressed out about work for a very long time and i did say some terrible hits that made him lose his cool.





But i do know its never okay to hit. I have forgive him to his face, but in my heart i am a little worried that if i dont react in a serious way he might do it again.





should i let it go?Need advice. Husband raised his hand :(?
It's very wrong, and you should be concern but I believe everybody deserve a second chance. God forbids if your husband hits you again, you need to pack you belongings and leave, pronto!





Answer my question please %26gt;http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>Need advice. Husband raised his hand :(?
I would give him another chance but I would keep the distance obvious. Let him know that it is not okay to hit ANYONE. Do not let him off the hook. You can say you forgive him but it would always bug me as well. You need to know if this is going to happen again. Let him know that if it does, you will be walking.
No at all. There's not excuse for violence. Try to figure out problems in your relationship without fighting. Tell him whatever you think with respect, and make him respect you, too. Fighting doesn't solve any problem , but make the relationship dangerous. To learn some tips on how to don't lose control, a book called Taking Power in an Abusive Relationship by Agata Campos. It helped me to figure out how to make a relationship more friendly, and stress free.
is this the very first time? If it is, let it go, but keep in mind, if it happens again, you have a serious problem. Stress can cause unwanted things in a relationship. Let him know you understand the stress, but both of you need to try to work it out, and communicate more.
I dont think u should let it go, never EVER let a man treat you like that..if he has that tendency to get physical in him at all, chances are its gonna come out again!





b/c of experience w/my father and how he was physically abusive of me, i wouldnt want any of ur kids goin through that someday





dont settle for any less than u deserve, a man is a lifelong committment if u choose that
That a tough one.If he seems sincere about his apology.I would say give him the opportunity to show you it was a one time mistake.Nobody is perfect, but please dont start beliving in second and third chances.If you know what i mean.





From experience i can tell you that a man can make that mistake and learn from it.
Since this is the first time he's hit you


id say to give him ONE LAST CHANCE.


and i mean one last chance. he will do it


again and again if he does it once more.


He is not supposed to hit you NO MATTER


WHAT KIND OF THINGS YOU SAY. you have


to remember this is the kind of thing that


happens in abusive marriages.
I can understand getting that upset. But never allow this kind of behavior! If he's stressed out, he needs to find an outlet, not smacking you. He may need some anger management of some kind. Don't just let it go, tell him how you still feel inside, even if you've forgiven him. Hope this helps....
Let it go, and be sure not to allow arguments to get so heated in future. If you feel the temptation to say something you'll both regret, it's better just to go and leave the room until you cool down.
are you kidding me....you should leave him....who cares if you feel like you made him lose his cool....how dare him....sounds like he needs to grow up and learn how to deal with stress with life...you shouldn't of forgave him...





if my husband every hit me.....he would be out the door....
i think you should let it go if it was just a slap. people over react sometimes, i mean you did. just make sure if he does it again or even looks like he's going to...leave!
Give the man a second chance. But 3rd strike and you're GONE. Do not get into an abusive relationship, as I hear it's easy to do.
Have you ever seen the movie The Burning Bed???
Leave his sorry ***! Pick up something beat his *** and leave him. No man is worth that. Good luck
You ';had to forgive him';? Why?





It is never right to hit people, unless you're in fear for your own safety, or others; defense is the only excuse. He hit you in anger and expected you to forgive and forget the next day? Not a good idea. No matter how provoked, nobody should strike at someone else in anger. Not to mention TWICE! I could -- barely -- see a momentary impulse and terrible regret in the next moment; but to hit you and then hit you AGAIN? No. You should have walked out right then and there as an immediate response.





Now, the next day, I would strongly suggest that you both get into couples therapy. Not only is the original issue that got you both so angry likely unresolved, but you yourself know that this new issue isn't really resolved either, though you have for some reason felt that you had to tell him that you forgive him for it. You both need help with both issues. Good luck.
Sweetie if he will do it once he will do it again. I stayed in an abusive marriage for 5 1/2 years. He was ALWAYS so sincere in his apology. Yet he would always do it again.





I should have left the first time he hit me. No matter what you are going to have issues, arguments, etc. If you say something he doesn't like again he may do it again then say sorry and want you to stay and forgive him. I understand give him another chance. It is because you love him. I have learned no matter what the circumstance is a man should never hit you or hurt you. Nothing makes it right and nothing and I mean nothing can justify it! No matter how much he tries it is wrong. No matter what you said he should never lay a hand on you.





Think long and hard about everything. If you have kids think even harder.





Personally if it was me I would leave the 1st time I got hit, if I could go back I would have ran the 1st time, instead of it getting as bad as hundreds of times...





Possibly you can work through this and everything will be okay. But if two times, c'mon no reason for one at all, but two. Say bye bye. Don't settle and think it is what you deserve its not. I wish you two the best, I hope if you stick together it never happens again, if it does, LEAVE. Once a man gets away with it once, it makes it easier to do it again, because he got away with it the first time.





I do hope he is different and you two make it. Best of luck!!





Sit and have a VERY long talk with him. Tell him how it made you feel, etc.
Okay, sounds like you know all the problems with what had happened, and if this was the ONLY time in many years of knowing him, it may not happen again. Finances these days are a big set off for anger. Just be careful next arguement, if he does it again I definitely suggest you do something about it. Such as go to your parents or something and if serious enough, the cops as well.


if it'd make you feel more comfortable you can leave for a fews days to let it settle in your mind as to what you'd like to do about it.
DON'T LET IT GO! It's not ok to hurt someone, especially the person that you love. If stress brings out the emotions in him then its not good. Times of stress are unpredictable and he will be as well. In my opinion you shouldn't fear the person you love. A man should never hit a woman for ANY reason, even if you say things to make him angry. I hope this helps!
Speaking from experience, if they hit you once, it will happen again. My ex hit me once over an 'argument' and 'felt like crap' and 'apologized over and over' as well...but that didn't stop him from doing it again after that. I never thought he was like that. The very first time he ever did anything, it was Thanksgiving day, of all days. We argued about something and he suddenly grabbed me by my throat, threw me on the floor and choked me until I nearly blacked out. My guardian angel must have been watching over me because he let my throat go after a while, just in time. He cried his a** off and got on his knees and apologized to me. After some thinking, I forgave him. Don't you know, he hit me a week later. Then eventually, it escalated and led to 'beatings'. I was no longer getting just choked or hit once here and there. I was getting the crap beat out of me. My face was swollen, black %26amp; blue, and had fractured bones everywhere. This would happen at least once a week. If I was 'good' it would only happen once a week. It went on for a year, until I had the courage to finally leave him. He became very obsessed and possessive. He'd threaten me that if I ever left him, he'd find me and... well u know... I didn't leave because I feared him so much, isn't that ironic? I should have left BECAUSE I feared him, but felt stuck, like in hell or a prison with no way out.





I finally got help and left his sorry a**.





NEVER EVER let a man hit you. It makes them feel powerful to know that they can hit you and be forgiven afterwards... in other words, they know they can get away with it if you keep going back to them.





He not only hit you with an open hand no less, but he KICKED you!!! He treated you like some piece of trash laying on the ground. What kind of 'love' is that? That isn't love. Just be careful. There's always a possibility that it can happen again.
This is pretty serious and I see you justifying his actions even though you know it's not the right thing to do. You've got to ask yourself why he would feel the need to go that far, where was that little voice inside his head that says ';time to get out of this argument, now!';. I think you need to sit down and have a talk with him. Ask him what was going on for him and talk about ways that you guys can both calm down before your arguments get that heated again. As soon as you guys start yelling, neither of you are listening to what the other one is saying so it's best to take a little ';time out'; and reconvene when you guys are both calmed down and ready to talk.





I would forgive him, but let him know that if this happens one more time that you're going to leave. And then, you'll have to follow through or else it will keep happening.
Let it go? Never! He hit you and kicked you? I'd say that's a little out of hand if you ask me. If he is truly sincere in his apology he will make it up to you in more ways than just saying ';I'm sorry!';





Sad to say though that if he gets away with it this time, the next time will probably be worse. You both need to learn to not allow arguments get to the point of being hurtful - either mentally or physically. It's best to walk away than regret what happened.





You may forgive, but you will never forget it, and you will always be cautious because of it.
Oh yea sure, let it go if you want to be abused the rest of your life. And don't give me that bull about how sorry he is. MEN DONT HIT WOMEN. pussy's hit women, and it its pathetic. But if you stick around for the treatment because you love him (he doesn't love you or he wouldn't HIT you) then it is your own fault for being abused. IF you stick around. Now if you pick up and move on then you will be one of the smart ones, a great example for many other abused women, that we don't need men. and we certainly don't need to be hit around by them no matter how MAD he was. Get out while you still can honey, and get out before he kills you. Don't think im over reacting either, just do your research if you don't believe me! GOOD LUCK!! LEAVE

No comments:

Post a Comment