Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Need advice: Husband is in army, has seizures, possible army discharge. Problems he is not allowed to drive. ?

Hes not allowed to drive for a full year, he cant take a cab all the time 2 much money after while. I want to get a job so there is not a money shortage if he gets discharged, but still want to be available for him if he needs a ride.





I am doing Avon, and babysitting but its not going to bring in enough money.





1. What are other peoples ideas?


2. As an employer knowing the situation, would someone let me go if I need to give him a ride? (its not like he can say i can't come to work, I don't have a ride)





We are not positive that it is going to be a discharge as of yet, but I want to be covered if it is. They did the tests, now its up to the medics.Need advice: Husband is in army, has seizures, possible army discharge. Problems he is not allowed to drive. ?
With him getting a Medical discharge he will get compensation from the VA. He will need a Veterans Representative to help him. Call the DAV, and they can take care of all the paperwork. Ask them when they file for the VA comp, to file for SSI and SSDI also. They can also get him to and from the VA hospital for appointments at no cost to you. There is a program though the Mental Health department at the hospital that can get him a bus pass, but I will warn you up front that the prerequisites are tough.


Drop me an e-mail if you need any more help, and I'll see what I can do.Need advice: Husband is in army, has seizures, possible army discharge. Problems he is not allowed to drive. ?
ok depending on the type of siezure he has and if they discharge him .he will have to sign up for his va benfits and if it service connected hell be intilted to a disabilty compension or a pension. also have the paper work done for ssi disabilty.
This is a hard situation, and there is no easy answer for you. If he is badly enough off the army may very well give him a medical retirement. (This is what happened with me.)





While not good money, it still gives you base benefits and free medical. No matter what happens he will want to get to the VA asap to get this claim started. Unfortunately this process takes forever, sometimes as much as a year.





You might be able to find a job that allows you to leave from time to time to give your husband a ride, but with today's job market it isn't to likely. Might I suggest you both find work together somewhere? That way you can drive together and not have to worry as much about getting him to work.





I'm sorry if this doesn't help, and I wish you and your husband the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment