Saturday, July 31, 2010

Do you have a good husband? Is he a great dad? What do you do to show him you appreciate him? Any advice?

Im not married, but engaged and we have been together for almost five years. He is a great dad. He works 10-12 hours a day, 6 days a week, so I can stay home with the baby. When he gets home he still makes time to play with our daughter. Everytime he walks in the door her face lights up with a smile and she's only 3 months old. It is too cute! I dont ask for much help when it comes to taking care of the baby, but he'll always help without asking. I thank him for everything, even if its simple like picking up something at the store on the way home from work. I cook for him, do the laundry. Do little things that need to be done like run up to the store. I let him have his time when he gets home from work, so he can unwind, play on the computer, play video games whatever he wants. I take care of our animals, let the dog out when needed. I just do simple things like that, but mostly the cooking cause he loves my cooking. I also tell him how much I love him all the time, and that as soon as I grad. from college that he can be a stay at home dad and i'll work, so he can go to school.Do you have a good husband? Is he a great dad? What do you do to show him you appreciate him? Any advice?
Well for me,I dont show him appreciation at all anymore. Only because, he does nothing for me or my son. Im experiencing bad postpartum depression right now. He would rather be out drinking and having a good old time.Im going to see the doctor tomarrow, and possibly ending our marraige.Its so bad that he will go days without seeing our son, because he would rather be out having fun, while Im at home all day with a very cranky baby(colic,reflux, and teething).So I feel I dont need to show him appreciation. He does nothing to support us, in any way. He avoids me when Im depressed, which is hard for him, but hes in this as much as I am. I need his support more than ever right now, and he will not give it, nor be a Father to his son. I only wish he would he a good husband and father.Do you have a good husband? Is he a great dad? What do you do to show him you appreciate him? Any advice?
I'm a believer of 'the little things'. I thank him every single time he gets up in the middle of the night to help with the baby's feedings. I leave small love letters in his wallet. I send him random I love you text messages from time to time. I tell him I appreciate his help etc.





You know, the little things...
he is wonderful with his daughter. but he is lazy and can't support us and wouldn't make a good husband as of right now.
Yup. My man manages a tree service, and spends most of his days in the air, risking his life to put food on our table.





He works looooooong hours- sun up to sun down, six days a week. He comes home exhausted an filthy.





As the old saying goes, ';The best way to a man's heart is through his stomach.'; I love to cook for him. He loves to eat my culinary masterpieces too, and always takes the leftovers to work the following day.





I compliment him often. Some nights he is too tired to interact with the baby much, but we co-sleep so it makes up for lost time.





He is a great dad, and he is going to give the boys a great future.





I have two 'baby daddies', so I gotta give props to my older son's dad too- he also works like a dog. He never fails to keep the lines of communication open. We have an amicable relationship, and we never struggle to compromise. He puts his kids first.





The two of them get along, too. They call themselves the husband in-laws.





Dads rule!
yes. yes. i cook delicious dinners. dont be pushy.


My husband is the best. we have 2 daughters and he would have loved a son but now that we are having another 2 girls (twins, 20 weeks) he has realised that he wont have a son, but he has accepted it and i appreciate that. I would love lots of babies but i dont think my vagina could handle any more lol.


I would say that cooking a good wholsome meal is the best thing to do for your man. Even if you have been at work all day, you will benefit from the good dinner to.
I cook him really nice dinners before he goes on business trips and he loves it!


Also I make sure to let him play video games every now and then because he works really hard...


I also make sure that the house is clean and that his laundry is done :)
I try to cook him nice meals (way to his heart is thru his stomach right?) I also thank him, even for the little things, like doing the dishes, changing her diaper, etc. I realize now that I am a SAHM how much the little compliments can make your day brighter, because so much can be taken for granted...I know I appreciate it when he tells me that dinner is good, or that I am a great mother, so I try to offer him as many compliments as I can too! I also tell him how great of a Dad he is, and how much our baby loves him. These are things he knows, but again, it is always nice to hear it! I also try not to hound him too much about time spent out of the house, you know when he goes to home depot for 2 hrs on a Saturday every now and again...it's ok..b/c I realize how nice it is to meander around the grocery store in peace when he stays home with the baby. Just let them know how much they mean to you and how much you appreciate it, don't assume they know.
my fiance is a great daddy. i cook him breakfast eery day and dinner every night.
I left him when i was 4.5 pregnant. I knew he wouldnt be a good dad since he ate all my craving food, and all the other food in the house. (I lost 35+ lbs) and he'd still eat it all. Never wanted to feel baby kicks. gift cards/money from family and friends, i never saw a penny of it. He hid the checkbooks from me. Never said the things husbands were suppose to say. Even as i stayed up til 2am cooking him lunch for next day @work when i got off work. Wanted to wait for baby to be born to recieve ';hand me downs'; just ';in case';. I left him last august. He says he ';loves me more then my own mother'; but has only seen his son twice since his birth 1-16-08 and denies paternity. wont support either one of us.. pig has another thing coming when divorce is final. But you have to assume something like this since his mother raised him alone letting her father teach him ';traditions'; that a wife is to stay home and cook and clean and do as the man says. My son will grow up with 4 uncles and a great grandpa teaching him boy things and what a man really is. So no, I dont have a great husband and he's not a dad at all.....

No comments:

Post a Comment