Thursday, July 29, 2010

My husband is cold with me when I get sad. But when I'm happy he is always there? Any advice here?

I am the average girl, and always been sensitive and one of my ways to express is crying. He is ok with that, but usually when my sadness is caused by my hormones or ';my days'; he says I'm being spoiled and turns his back on me. He might be right, but still hurts and that stays with me longer and makes me sadder. Am I overreacting? Can a married guy give me his opinion?My husband is cold with me when I get sad. But when I'm happy he is always there? Any advice here?
When hormones are raging it is easy to over-react. You need to chill.My husband is cold with me when I get sad. But when I'm happy he is always there? Any advice here?
You know what, I too have noticed that during those days I get more needy. I always feel like he does not give me attention, or at least the amount that I would want. But you know,sometimes it is just us overreacting...BUT he also needs to understand that you are more sensitive during those days, therefore he should try to give you extra amount of attention so that you can feel comforted. When I tell my husband (during those days) that he is not being affectionate and that he is not giving me much attention, he does not agree, and says that he is not acting any different, BUT he asks me what I want him to do so that I can feel like he is giving me what I need...so then I just tell him. you see even though your husband may not agree, and he might think that you are just hormonal, he should be willing to do something to make you feel better. Take his past and childhood into consideration...if he was never showed loved as a child from his parents he might be the kind of person that has a hard time expressing love and feeling to other people. Hope that helps!
You are sensitive when you are PMS ing. just get a hold on yourself. if you want to you can become strong. dont have to cry all the time and believe me not just guys but even girls will not like a tear jerker performance all the time. grow up. face life strongly. you dont have to cry for small things like this all the time. anyone will get fed up with a female who keeps crying. maybe your guy is cold cos he knows you cry for no reason. how long can he tolerate this with you. so stop crying and be cheerful. when you ar PMS ing eat chocolates you will feel better. all the best.
Sometimes women just need to vent, and men get upset because they don't know how to 'fix' what you're upset about. Just explain to your husband that you are sad because of hormones and that he doesn't have to solve your problems, you just need him to listen. If that doesn't work then call your mom or a girlfriend to vent, they will understand.
Well, I'm not a married guy, lol, but my fiance was the same way. He can't handle the emotion (comes from an abusive background) and especially can't handle crying, which I do when I'm frustrated.





Sounds like your husband just can't handle the emotion, or doesn't know that ';that time'; really will make you overly emotional. Maybe he thinks you're trying to manipulate him through crying. Who knows.
Yes you are overreacting. It's hard to be around someone with mood swings. Getting sad is not something that you should put on someone else to ';make all better';. It's only natural for your husband to want to avoid your moods. Give him a break. He's not god, you need to take responsibility for yourself.
He could be right but he is being really rude about it, he could be nicer about it. He does not have to call you spoiled and just leave he could sit down and hear you for 10 minutes and then leave. What an insensitive man.
Sorry but it sounds like you married an extremely immature and seflish guy. I'd say man, but men don't act that way to someone they supposedly love and care about.
At least you get attention when you're happy. Some women don't even get that.
My ex was like that, He always made me feel I was to blame for this, he too ridiculed me. I cried like this at least monthly and it was always heavy an came out in fights, or a a huge big flood of tears over nothing.





My husbands understand that it is a sign of not feeling well, stress, hormones or tightness or a combination thereof. He says a good cry seems to resolve things for me and that it seems to be me being in the way of me. He says it is not his favourite time of the month, but it is part of who I am. If his holding and comforting me helps then that is a bonus. Strangely enough I have less of the hormonal cry attacks now I know that I can let go and will not be judged or ridiculed because of it. I think because as I don't have to put up barriers trying to keep things in, they cannot break down either.





Anyway form this you can gather i do not think you are overreacting. However it is an area where most men tend to be totally clueless. They do not have these hormonal surges (lucky s*ds). The only thing I can say, and which I have done as well. Is to keep a diary, mine is on line, as a warning to the husband. Be gentle with me, my tears will flow easily. We have found that this works for us as he gets forewarned, and I don't scare him with an emotional outburst that has nothing to do with him.


This support should be normal, otherwise why would we wives have to take notice of their stresslevel and what that does to them? It takes two to tango after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment