Thursday, July 29, 2010

Please, help, I need your advice. Husband left....?

I am so frustrated and depressed. My husband doesn't give me an answer. He left me and the baby 2 months ago, he was supposed to file for divorce but he hasn't. I begged him to come back, and he just blames me for everything. He was never affectionate, we hardly had sex life, and he was always a bully. I never cheated on him, but after a long time of me asking him to show me some love, he left.





Now, I am so frustrated because I am now a conditional greencard holder in US based on marriage and he is a US citizen. I have one more year on that GC and I have to extend it, we should either get divorce or show that we live together, He just tells me give me some time, I will give you an answer either I come back or we get divorce. On one hand I still love him and wish that we could live happily ever after , on the other hand, I am terrified for my visa, which if runs out I have to go back to Iran. Our baby is only 2 years, and for the sake of the baby, he doesn't want to step up and be a good father. So I am hurt emotionally and also I have a fear of leaving baby (us citizen) and my life here if we can't clarify to the USCIS what our relationship is.





What should I do? He is so careless, and just blames me, when I get upset he makes fun of my facial sad expression, and says:: hahaha, ,,look at your face, look at your ugly face, you look rediculous when you are sad.





I have so much frustration, I pray alot, but don't know what to do. Now I am a student here in US, phd genetics and I am supporting myself and my baby out of student scholarship money, and he is so careless, rude and ruthless towards me.





If I file for divorce, he is going to contest it and ask for full custody, so we can't even get a quick divorce, it's gonna take years and lots of money, and I only have one year to provide documents for my GC.





I don't know what to do, I am so upset, I haven't studied well and gone to the University for the past 2 months that he left. I know studying is the best thing to do right now, but I am so depressed and worried.Please, help, I need your advice. Husband left....?
Well there are many mitigating factors here and I believe you should be talking to the immigration people ASAP rather than waiting until your greencard is almost expired. First of all you're still married, I don't think you can be deported as long as you are married to a U.S. citizen but ask the immigration people. Secondly, there's nothing to be gained by deporting the mother of a child who is a natural born U.S. citizen. The father is being a bonehead, that's not your fault and they will probably consider this. Additionally you are going to school so it's likely that even with all that's going on you could easily get a student visa and remain here, continuing to try and get citizenship. It doesn't sound like your remaining here is the biggest obstacle you have to face. I don't know how to tell you to deal with your husband's verbal abuse and taunting, he is being a child about it and very disrespectful, I am very sorry.Please, help, I need your advice. Husband left....?
take care of the baby and work hard at schooling and try and make the best of everything ,


dont take his insults,
:O


well keep taking full care of your baby and keep working hard in school but i think u need a lawyer for advice instead of a website with random people!
Seek legal advice.





If your baby was born in the US there is a good chance you could get permanent residency.
Take your baby and go home. Find a new guy.
Wow, You need legal advise. I'd find a lawyer.
Right now, if you do not want to leave the US, you have to protect your status. If you are not working, get a job. Show that you are gainfully employed and a tax payer. As a student, make sure you remain in school and finish your degree. When you have to go back to USCIS, get your employer or school official to write a reference for you. Document his abandoning you and the baby and your efforts to reconcile. You do NOT need him to get the permanent card. Trust me on this one....I have seen it already. I repeat, you do NOT need him to get your permanent resident card. Also, do not discuss your situation with anyone and more importantly, not with him. In addition, you really do not need an attorney to do this for you. Get the requisite papers you will need to file for removal of the conditional status and study them. You will see the 'clues' for what you need to do if he is not signing for you. Don't discuss it with him as you don't want him to throw a monkey wrench in your plans. You can do this.....





Good Luck to you...don't be worried.
I AM SO SORRY THIS IS HAPPENING TO YOU...I PRAY THAT THE GOOD LORD WILL SOFTEN YOUR HUSBANDS HEART LONG ENOUGH FOR YOU TO GET YOUR CITIZEN SHIP...HOWEVER..YOU REALLY NEED SOME LEGAL ADVICE AS FAR AS HOW TO HANDLE IT...SO JUST KEEP THE PEACE WITH HIM..AND LET HIM BE..OKAY..FOR YOUR SANITY AND THE BABY...JUST LET HIM BE...YOU ARE DOING GREAT..CONTINUE TO GO TO SCHOOL...YOU WILL NOT REGRET THIS..AND WHEN IT IS ALL DONE..YOU CAN LOOK BEHIND AND SAY..WOW I DID IT FOR ME AND MY BABY..GOOD LUCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment