Saturday, July 31, 2010

I don't want children, my husband might....any advice?

My husband just told me that he's thinking that he may want to have children. If he decides he definitely does, then he may be willing to leave me to go find someone that wants children too. If you were in that situation, would you decide to have children so you could stay with your husband?I don't want children, my husband might....any advice?
Nope, I would let him go. Children are too big of a life change and a responsibility. If I didn't want them, I wouldn't have them just to keep my husband.I don't want children, my husband might....any advice?
I would not decide to have children simple to make someone happy. Both people need to truly want the child and not have them just to please someone else or to hang on to them. That is set up for resentment towards the child and your husband. There鈥檚 nothing wrong with not wanting to have kids. Seeing from your statement he at one time didn鈥檛 want kids either but he changed his mind. So now you鈥檙e seriously going to have to sit down and discuss if you don鈥檛 want children ever. And he truly now has a desire to have a child(ren). Then it would be kind to part ways to both of you.





When my brother married his wife she did not want children. Although my brother did he was willing to make that sacrifice because he loved her, however that鈥檚 not something everybody would be willing to do. My sister in law eventually changed her mind and they now have 2 boys. Just shows you people can change their minds, and it can go both ways.
If I didnt want any and he did, I would have no choice but to let him go. Nope I wouldnt stay with my hubby if I was serious about NO CHILDREN. why be miserable?
Isn't this issue something that should have been discussed BEFORE you got married????
DON'T have children if you don't want them!!! This is something you should have talked about before you married him!!
Oh my. I'm assuming you two agreed on not having kids before getting married. No, I wouldn't have children just to keep him. If he's willing to leave you instead of sacrifice then he's looking for an out anyways.
If you're absolutely sure you never, ever want children and he's 100% positive he does, this may be something that could split you up.


Did you discuss this before you were married? Have you been married for a long time? How old are you?


If he went into the marriage with the understanding that he would never be a father, he doesn't really have the right to leave you just because he changed his mind. If you haven't been married long, give it some time. One of you might change your mind. And depending on your age, you have a while to make your decision. This isn't something that happens overnight.


I also think your husband needs to undertand that it's not HIM having the baby. Is he willing to get up at night and do all the work that babies require? He may just like the idea of having kids, and not actually be ready for one in reality.
No, but I would have had this discussion before getting married!
Nope. If you don't want children and you have them to stay with your husband, you will be unhappy for the rest of your life! Your marriage could one day end and you'd be the one stuck with the kids that you never even wanted. It is a bad reason to bring life into the world. If your husband can't accept it then move on, and find one who will. Having children is huge. You should really WANT one if you are going to have one.
That is something that should have come up before you were married. I know a lot of people that this has broken up, it's something that you will have to discuss when it's time. Personally I would decide to have kids to keep my marriage, but it would have come up before we were married.
First off in response to Christina, people have many different reasons for nor wanting children! That does not make them selfish or horrible people, so GET A GRIP!


Now to answer the question, you should not have children just because your husband wants them. For whatever your reason is you decided not to have kids, so don't change that to save a marriage, everyone will be hurt in the long run!
Well, this is really something you should have discussed before you got married. Your husband deserves children if he really wants them, but children don't deserve a mother who never really wanted them in the first place. If your husband really wants kids, let him go and find a woman who is willing and able to be a great mom. And you can always find a man who doesn't want kids. That's really the best way to make everyone happy.
I would weigh out what matters to me. Why would you NOT want children? Are you just selfish and can't give the time and energy it takes, you'd rather just do what you want when you want? If that's the case, I'd say he should leave you. Selfish people are terrible to live with.

No comments:

Post a Comment