Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Please lend advice, befire my husband drives me insance with his irresponsibility?

I have been married for just under a year and a half to a man who has many great qualities--he can be sweet, he is great with children (he's a school teacher) and he is extremely creative.


On the other hand, there are things about him that have surfaced since our wedding day. He does the laundry and cleans the house occasionally which is great, but he will never set foot in the kitchen. He has assigned the task of cooking to me, solely even though we both work which can be frustrating. Worse, than that is the financial crisis that we are currently in. I'm afraid that it may destroy our marriage. Recently he went on a shopping spree-buying up clothes and 2 pairs of expensive shoes instead of paying our rent which is something that we had already agreed upon! So when I received my paycheck, I had to contribute $500 towards our $1250 rent in addition to the other bills I had to pay because the rent had to get paid--it was late. Not the first time. He is driving me insane!! HELPPlease lend advice, befire my husband drives me insance with his irresponsibility?
I hate to say this, but it might take getting thrown out on the street before he realizes what his careless spending is doing to the family.....talking to him might help, but most likely he knows he is doing wrong when he does it. It is an addiction....so he will need help to stop. Good Luck!!Please lend advice, befire my husband drives me insance with his irresponsibility?
Goodness he cleans??? I wish my husband do that.. he does it once in a while when I am mad. Cookinf I do all the cooking, and i work too. I have 2 kids, and i clean most of the time. Maybe he needed a little luxury, he probally havent get. I am pretty sure u wont divorce him for 500 dollars, what u should do is to direct deposit both of the checks in one account, do automatic bill payments and after buying food and necessities both of you go with the reminder of the money in a shopping spree YEY!... Also talk to him about it, talking it is what marriages do to fix their problems. GOOD LUCK.
You need to talk to him. Come up with a financial plan. Take all your bills for the last three months, total it up and then average it. Divide the average in half and thats what each of ya'll will contribute monthly. You will ruin your credit if you don't make payments on time. If he won't agree to the financial plan, you need to consider if you want to live like that. Hopefully, you will aspire to buy a home and have children one day. You don't want to struggle or be in debt. Good Luck.
You putting $500 toward the rent is what you should be doing in the first place. Do you expect him to pay the whole rent from his paycheck? I am sure there are things that you buy for yourself when the money should be going towards bills. Just be happy he is a good husband who works and brings home money and loves you. Not to mention he cleans. What is wrong with you being the one that cooks? Grow up and learn some responsibility.
you need to talk to him. be honest. sit down and write everything out. like how much you guys make a month, how much the bills are and see how much you guys can spend on whatever. and about the whole him going into the kitchen, some guys just cant cook. my hubbys idea of cooking is ordering pizza or grilling hotdogs!! i fell ya gurl!!
If cooking is the only thing he doesn't do around the house I wouldn't make too big of a fuss,if as you say he helps in other areas of the home . If you dont feel like cooking every night eat out, that's what we do and I dont even work outside the home.


However not paying the rent to buy Himself new clothes can be a sign of cheating, is there anything else different in his behavior ?


Or does he go on these spending sprees often? If he is just financially irresponsible maybe counseling would help if he would agree to it
ask him to place your marriage and those responsibilities fist tell him they are many things that need to be taken care of before he goes and splurges or expenisve things rent comes before clothes and shoes so just sit down and talk and say isten honey certain things need to change because I want to have a roof over our heads and food in our stomaches before you have spend 900 on shoes on a 25 dollar brick outside on the street
ok, you seriously need to sit down and have a talk with him before it's too late. You don't want to let this drag on in your marriage and wake up 10 years later realizing what a mistake your in. Marriage means responsibility on both partners so he has to understand it's not fair for the weight to always be on someone else's shoulders.
  • refill
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment