Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Need advice on husband gaining so much weight?

in 2.5 years he has gained 70 lbs he is 5'7 and weighs 265 i do not care that he looks fat i love him no matter what that does not bother me but what does bother me is how over weight he is and it is so unhealthy he goes on ';diets'; all the time but never does them longer then 2 weeks he wont go running im afraid for his health hes 30 years old its only going to get worse when he is older if he does not do something about it now he says he wants to lose weight but does not try to do anything about it my kids have even started saying when i grow up i want to be big like papa i talked to him about it several times and he always says i know im going to start dieting and exercising but never last longer then 2 weeks (i cook healthy foods but he will go buy food and does not know how to control his portions





what can i do?Need advice on husband gaining so much weight?
I was in the same boat you are in, and to help my husband, I decided that enough was enough and I risked my marriage. One and a half months ago, I did all of the following:


Removed all sweets from the house.


Replaced all soda's with DIET soda's and water.


Tossed all his cereal.


Out went the breads, pasta's, frozen diners, and processed foods that he liked.


And anything he was able to cook, like hamburger helper, went out as well. (I gave everything to my sister and daughter).


Now if that wasn't enough, I also did the following:


Fixed only enough food at meals to cover portion control, and fixed his plate for him.


Took his bank card, the checkbook, and all loose change laying around the house and hide them from him.


Next there is NOT going to be any sex, Nascar, or playstation for him, until he made a 'honest' effort to lose weight.


And then I told him that if all that didn't work, I would divorce him, as I couldn't stand watching him kill himself with food.


Needless to say, there were some good fights at my house for a couple of weeks, but I never gave in.


Once the weight started coming off, and he started to realize he actually felt better, he decided to start going to the gym and working out. He has now lost 22 pounds and has about 60 more to go. But he is now doing this on his own. And he thanks me for sticking to my guns and getting down right mean and ugly with him over this issue. As a reward for him, I did buy the Hershey's miniature's and let him have 5 a night. He said that helped him a lot.


I don't know if this will help you, or if you even want to take this drastic of steps, but I knew I couldn't stand by, and let my husband eat himself to death. It was worth every fight to me.Need advice on husband gaining so much weight?
he may do well to go to therapy. obviously he is taking comfort in food. it is an addiction.
yeah i agree. I think he needs to go to therapy. Seems like more than just eating a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment