Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Need advice, My husband wants me to stop working ?

Well, we have been having alot of problems lately. He's a little jealous. he thinks that if I stop working all the problems are going to be solved I really doubt it. I dont want to stop working because I'm afraid that he is going to end up thinking that only because I have no income I cant decide on anything. I would definitely give it a try for the sake of my marriage. I can always get another job in case he needs a little more help. And he also says that because of my job I neglect my health, this morning I woke up feeling really bad and I think he got mad because i did not saty home to rest Need advice, My husband wants me to stop working ?
I don't understand why you working would create added problems? Another person working in the house means extra funds to assure that you can do what you need to do and if you're lucky, splurge a little and do things that you want to do. If it's his ego creating problems because maybe you're in a better position or you're making more, then what do you think his ego is going to do when you aren't working? Talk down to you like you're lower than him. If he's feeling threatened by you, then I'm sorry, he's not really a man, but just an insecure little boy.


If it's because you two don't see each other much, then maybe you both can compromise and he can try to lighten his hours and you as well or take a much needed vacation together. Otherwise, don't do something that you don't want to do because of some dumb reason as someones ego. That's not even worth it because as a secure man, he shouldn't let something like that shake him because he's secure...and a man.


Good luck.Need advice, My husband wants me to stop working ?
You are right quitting your job is not going to solve anything. If you are having problems seek marriage counseling. Then the counselor can help you decide if that is what really needs to happen.





Another problem with leaving your job is that if the problems don't get better and then for some reason he decides to leave you, you are stuck trying to find a job to support yourself.





I am not saying that leaving your job is not an option it is just the solution to your problem. Good luck.
most women work because they want to or they feel they have to contribute to the family income is this the way of controlling you so he knows about your whereabouts all the time and will you have a life without having a collar around your neck and report to him
I think you should be careful and you should evaluate things well before making a decision.


Sounds to me like your marriage has a lot of problems; and your husband is making you feel like it's your fault things are not peachy....and this is neither fair nor mature. It takes ';two to tango'; in a marriage; and if it is having problems then BOTH spouses need to work on improving it. This includes him, you know. IF he really wants things to change for the better, counseling is a good option.





I would also warn you on the job issue...Many times, abusive men convince their wives to stop working precisely so they will depend on them...and this is not good or healthy. Money means independance and power; usually the person who makes more money is the one who takes more decisions in a marriage. So be careful here....





I don't think you should stop working, for two reasons.


One: If you have your own money, you are not defenseless. So start saving a bit, and keep this a secret.


Two: Getting out of your house and being busy will help you feel useful and will prevent you from getting depressed. We all need to see other people, you know.





Good luck. Keep in touch with friends and family. Do not let your husband ostracize you and make you lose outside support.
Quitting the job is rarely the solution (except maybe if you have 4+ kids and you need to take care of them).





However, even if you do quit, ALWAYS keep up on your education so you can get a job again if you need.





If you get in a position where you don't have any knowledge and thus cannot get any but the lowest jobs - now that would be a heavy problem, and by the time people see that they're in such situation, their education is usually 10 or 20 years late and it's very, very hard for them to catch up.





Do not allow yourself to get in such a situation.



I wouldn't quit my job; that's not going to solve a thing. If he is jealous then first he needs to talk to you about it before trying to dictate whether or not you should work. You don't want it to turn into one of those situations where your husband is in control of where you go, what time you get home, what you wear, who can come visit, etc. all because he is bringing in the only income. If he wanted you to stop working because he felt like he could provide for you and told you it was up to you what you decide then that would be different. If it steams from jealousy then no I wouldn't quit. And I don't feel as though something like that should end your marriage. If the two of you are having problems then maybe seeing a marriage counselor would be a better solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment