Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I need advice: My husband is very family oriented but my mother in law's house is CRAMPED (please read)?

At his mothers house (a double wide trailor) there is his mother, stepfather, older brother, brothers girlfriend, her baby (1 yr old). And then when we visit it is me and him, our baby (8mo) and two big dogs. His brother / brother girlfriend have been living their for about a year since he got out of jail and everyone said they'd be out by now, but they're NOT. I am a stay at home mom, and am used to being in a low key environment in my own home, when I go there I feel uncomfortable, and he wants to stay there for TWO WEEKS, I can't stand it, what should I do? Please don't be rude I need some serious advice, what woud you do? Like I said his family is very close.I need advice: My husband is very family oriented but my mother in law's house is CRAMPED (please read)?
Personally, I would compromise - stay there for a week and then go home, while he can stay for an additional week. My family lives in a different country and I take lots of time off when I go visit them; my husband can't get as much time off, so he goes with me for 1-2 weeks, then goes home, and I stay with my family for another couple of weeks.I need advice: My husband is very family oriented but my mother in law's house is CRAMPED (please read)?
Only 4 hours away? How nice. Well, sounds like he can always go visit his mom on his own, too. I wish I lived 4 hours away from my parents... For me it's more like 24 hours. Ugh.

Report Abuse



Would he make himself uncomfortable for you for two weeks?





Sometimes its not all about making sure the both of you are happy. Sometimes its about sacrificing our own comfort for the ones we love. Especially in this case, it's only temporary. Suck it up and you will be his hero.
WOW~ I would get a hotel room. That is way to many people in such close quarters. How does everyone fit? How many bed rooms are there? Like your supposed to sleep on the floor? NO WAY.
2 weeks in a hotel would be very expensive...but if I were you I would suggest a compromise with your husband. Stay in their house the first week, then a hotel the next. Make it a fun thing for his family...get a hotel with an indoor pool, kids will love it. Offer to have everyone over for a pizza and swim party one night...that way you can contribute to some of the fun and cost of feeding everyone, you get SOME space...and the little kids will have a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment